AW Distribution Pty Limited trading as Austral Wright Metals
We understand the importance placed on the privacy of your personal information.
- how we collect and use your personal information;
- your right of access to your personal information;
- your right to inspect and, where necessary, correct the personal information that we hold about you;
- your right to have your privacy complaints investigated and resolved; and
- your right to have your personal information protected from misuse or unauthorised access.
What is personal information?
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you. This includes any personal information or opinions about you, whether true or not, no matter how the information or opinions are recorded.
Why do we collect personal information?
We collect your personal information in order to provide you with certain goods and services, or to give access to or improve functionality of our Website.
We also collect personal information for the following purposes:
- to receive services from you;
- to inform you of matters in which we believe you may have an interest; and
- to notify you, via direct marketing, of our product and service offerings from time to time.
What happens if you choose not to provide your personal information?
You are not obliged to give us your personal information. However, if you choose not to provide us with your personal details we may not be able to provide our services to you and may not allow you to access certain areas of our Website.
What personal information do we collect and how do we use it?
The personal information that we collect and hold usually falls into the following categories:
- when you visit the publicly available parts of our Website, we or the Website Hosting Provider used by us may collect your IP address, your top level domain name, the date and time of your visit, the pages you access, the previous website you visited and the type of web browser you use;
- we may record your e-mail address if you send us a message or apply to access certain areas of our Website;
- if you apply to access certain areas of our Website or you apply for credit with us, we may ask you to register with us. During the registration process we will ask you to provide personal information to us. For example, we may collect information about your name, your telephone number and your email address;
- We will not use your personal information for any purpose which is not related to goods or services we provide to you or to the functionality of our Website. We will not use your personal information in a manner contrary to this policy. We will not add your email address to any mailing list unless you have given us permission to do so; or
- We will use your personal information for the purpose of providing the goods and services, providing information about goods and services, performing our administrative and marketing operations, complying with legislative and regulatory requirements, considering any credit application, direct marketing by us or our related companies, conducting market research or customer satisfaction research and identifying goods and services that may be of interest to you.
- We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we hold is accurate and up to date. If you feel that information about you is not accurate or your details have or are about to change, please inform us and, upon verification, we will correct or update your personal information (in the manner we describe below).
How do we collect personal information?
Where possible, we collect your personal information directly from you. However, in some areas of our Website, another user might post personal information about you.
In some situations we collect personal information about you from a third party source. If we collect information about you in this way, we will take reasonable steps to contact you and ensure that you are aware of the purposes for which we are collecting your personal information and the organisations to which we might disclose your information, subject to any exceptions under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
When do we disclose your personal information?
We will use and disclose information for the primary purpose for which it was collected. We may also use and disclose personal information for purposes that are related or ancillary to the main reasons we collect it. For example, we may use your personal information for the purpose of providing you with information about other services offered by us. We may also be required, by law, to disclose personal information to law enforcement officers or other persons.
We engage some third party contractors to perform services for us, which may involve the contractor handling personal information we hold. In these circumstances we prohibit the third party contractor from using personal information about you except for the specific purpose for which we supply it.
We never disclose personal information that we collect to a third party for the purpose of allowing them to direct market their products and services unless you have given us your permission for us to do this. We may disclose personal information within our group of companies for the purpose of direct marketing.
By accepting our terms you expressly permit us to use your personal information for our direct marketing purposes and the purposes expressly set out in this policy. You consent to our use of your information to issue product and professional mail outs by email, fax, social media or letters and undertaking other marketing or service based activities. You may opt out of any direct marketing service at any time.
If you use our website or any online facility we confirm that we may utilise tracking software and cookies. A cookie will allow a website to recognise a user’s device.
A cookie will contain the name of internet location (the domain) from which the cookie has come and the lifetime of the cookie (a cookie will usually expire after a certain period of time).
Two types of cookies maybe used on our website:
- Session cookies which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site; and
- Persistent cookies which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
We use session cookies:
To allow you to carry information across pages of our site and avoid having to re-enter information.
We use persistent cookies:
- We may use persistent cookies from time to time to help us recognise you as a unique visitor when you return to our website and to monitor your use of our website;
- To allow us to link you to any of our partners of affiliates should you come to our website through a paid advert or banner on a website of an affiliate or partner.
Use of web beacons and other tracking software.
Some of our web pages may contain web beacons which allow us to count users who have visited web pages. Web beacons collect only limited information including a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides. These beacons do not carry any personally identifiable information and are used to track the effectiveness of a particular marketing campaign.
We may use Saas, Cloud computing or other technologies from time to time and your information may be stored outside Australia. We will not transfer personal information to a recipient in a foreign country unless this information will have appropriate protection as required by the relevant privacy laws.
Access to your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to certain exceptions provided for in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
We will provide access by allowing you to inspect, take notes of or receive copies or print outs of the personal information that we hold about you. To obtain access please make your request in writing to our Privacy Officer. Our Privacy Officer can be contacted on 02 9827 0790 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our contact details are:
AW Distribution Pty Ltd (ABN 77 158 345 834) trading as Austral Wright Metals
133-139 Cowpasture Rd
New South Wales 2164
08 9827 0700
For security reasons you will be required to put your request in writing and provide proof of your identity. This is necessary to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is not undermined.
When will access be denied?
Access will be denied if:
- the request does not relate to the personal information of the person making the request;
- providing access would pose a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of a person;
- providing access would create an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- the request is frivolous or vexatious;
- the request relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings;
- the information is subject to legal professional privilege;
- providing access would prejudice negotiations with the individual making the request;
- access would be unlawful;
- denial of access is authorised or required by law;
- access would prejudice law enforcement activities;
- access discloses a ‘commercially sensitive’ decision making process or information; or
- any other reason that is provided for in the Privacy Principles or the Privacy Act (1988).
If we deny access to information we will give you our reasons for denying access.
We will take all reasonable steps to provide you with access to the information requested within 14 days of your request. In situations where the request is complicated or requires access to a large volume of information, we will provide access to the information requested within 30 days.
Costs and charges
NDS may charge you a fee to reimburse us for the costs we incur relating to your request for access to information.
Security of your information
We will take all reasonable steps to secure your personal information. Electronic information is protected by various security measures and access to information and databases is restricted to our staff and contractors that need access to the information in order to perform their duties.