Brass Sheet & Plate | Austral Wright
Brass Sheet & Plate Products from Austral Wright Metals
Austral Wright Metals is Australia's leading suppliers of the brass sheet and plate.
The superior qualities of brass makes it the ideal product in a vast range of commercial, industrial and domestic applications.
In addition to its well known traditional properties – electrical and thermal conductivity, malleability and resistance to corrosion – copper is far more versatile in combining with other metals to provide performance characteristics needed to satisfy today’s increasingly complex demands. To meet the exact specifications of our customers, Austral Wright Metals sources, stocks and supplies products from leading copper and brass mills around the world in various dimensions.
Find out how fast we could deliver to your facility, what prices we can offer or let us help you choose the right product for you.
PVC Coating available on request
PVC Coating available on request
Is brass stronger than copper?
Brass sheet is generally stronger than copper. Brass sheet is an alloy made by combining copper with zinc, and the addition of zinc increases the hardness and strength of the resulting material. The specific properties of brass can vary depending on the ratio of copper to zinc and any additional elements added to the alloy.
In comparison to pure copper, brass typically has better tensile strength, making it more resistant to deformation under stress. The increased strength of brass makes it a preferred material for various applications, including in engineering, construction, and manufacturing.
However, it's essential to note that the specific strength of brass can vary based on the alloy composition. Different types of brass alloys may have different properties, including variations in strength, corrosion resistance, and color. When selecting a material for a specific application, it's crucial to consider the alloy composition and its suitability for the intended purpose.
Applications for brass plate and sheet
Brass sheets are versatile materials with a wide range of applications due to their unique combination of properties, including durability, corrosion resistance, and aesthetic appeal. Here are some common applications of brass sheet:
- Architectural Design:
- Decorative elements in buildings and structures.
- Wall cladding and facades.
- Ornamental features in interior design.
- Automotive Industry:
- Automotive trim and detailing.
- Instrument panels and dashboard components.
- Radiator grills and emblems.
- Electrical and Electronics:
- Connectors and terminals.
- Switch plates and enclosures.
- PCB (Printed Circuit Board) applications.
- Marine and Nautical Applications:
- Boat fittings and fixtures.
- Shipbuilding components.
- Marine hardware.
- Plumbing and Construction:
- Plumbing fittings and fixtures.
- Construction hardware and fasteners.
- Door and window frames.
- Food and Beverage Industry:
- Brewery and distillery equipment.
- Food processing machinery.
- Decorative elements in restaurants and bars.
- Aircraft components.
- Aerospace fasteners.
- Medical Equipment:
- Surgical instruments.
- Decorative elements in medical facilities.
- Renewable Energy:
- Solar panel frames.
- Wind turbine components.
- Home Decor and Furnishings:
- Furniture accents.
- Lighting fixtures.
- Decorative hardware.
- Heat Exchangers:
- HVAC systems.
- Radiators and cooling systems.
These are just a few examples, and the versatility of brass sheet allows for a wide range of creative and practical applications across various industries.
Customers can request products to be produced to their individual specifications, or select from Austral Wright Metals’ extensive stock items in standard sizes of brass sheet, coil and extrusions. Or contact us for your desired thickness, width, length and a price, and place an order for your desired size.
Brass Sheet & Plate
- Alloys C26000, C27000, C27200, C22000 and C26800
- Thickness from 0.30 to 2.00mm – Plate up to 25.0mm
- Width up to 900mm